One of my fave bloggers has done an open-invitation meme – I haven’t done one in a long time, and I haven’t seen an interesting one in even longer! Thanks to Unblague for the meming fun!
Magnetic meme — or what’s on your fridge? You don’t need to list them all, just the most prominent stuff. Here’s mine in random order. Please know that this is especially fun for me, because in the past 3 years, I’ve decided to collect fridge magnets. I was finding that as a mom, who has lots and lots of stuff to put on the fridge, I never had enough. Beloved and I also had started taking a healthy amount of weekend trips, and I wanted mementos of our time. Magnets were the solution!
There’s a lot on my fridge:
- This month’s child support check, waiting for the e-mail saying that I’m allowed to deposit it. It is turned backward – so I know where it is and so no one else knows what it is.
- A ticket to a play that J was in last fall.
- A postcard with a picture of the Louvre’s pyramid, at night.
- A receipt from REI for the shoes I bought for Europe, as I had planned to wear them around the house for a couple days to be sure they’d work before permanently committing to the $108 purchase.
- A postcard with a photo of one of London’s double decker buses on it – from either J’s BFF or her big sister (who sent it to E).
- A note card left over from the bar exam extravaganza, with the namea nd phone number of the person at J’s dentist office who I was intent upon laying into (and did so successfully)
- Beloved’s favorite sign, pointing to the kitchen at large, proclaiming “POTATOES WOULD GO GREAT WITH THAT”
- Two soccer schedules. One for each kid.
- The girls’ performance schedule for their play, with their cast’s days highlighted.
- A map of the MBTA. It’s a magnet itself.
- The school lunch menu for the first 2 weeks of the school.
- The school calendar for the year 2007-08.
- A locker mirror.
- 3 philosophers. They’re also finger puppets. And magnets. There were 4, but we put Socrates on the dishwasher. Because uh, we call him Noah. He is on the dishwasher when he’s waiting for the flood. Know what that means? “Hey, Zuska, the dishes are dirty – DO NOT PUT THEM AWAY!”
- A grocery list.
- A phone number list for J’s 3rd grade class (last year)
- A realtor’s business card. Because I hold out hope that one day I can call her without wasting her time.
- A clip magnet, holding J’s medical forms that I must bring to the doctor later in the month, a letter from the principal of the girls’ school (telling us all that we have to get to school earlier this year — frizzum frazzum), extra copies of the girls’ book report forms for their summer homework, and E’s cell phone contract.
That’s it. I thought I’d have like 50. I should do this one again once school is in session for a month or so.
No tagging – take at will – just let me know so I can see whose is bigger.